Monday, October 06, 2008

Unexpected acts of kindness are like rainbows after a down-pouring from the heavens. Yesterday I saw one such rainbow, late at night. (Many things happened yesterday that were quite like little rainbows in themselves, all wholly unexpected, little, petty pleasures....like finding the coziest reclining chair under shade, surrounded by flowers of every color- brilliant blue, glorious red and bright yellow....like the kinship forged over the magic that words bring, the joy that stringing them together brings...like meeting one of the sweetest souls from my dear dhwani after nearly two years....from hearing dhwani itself; more music than music is :)...).
Just as I was mulling over how quickly time has flown since I first received the email from JS welcoming me to UFS; how many friends have given of themselves so very generously, their kind words and creative energy the veritable life force sustaining me; just as I sat shaking my head over the end of summer, I received an email from E. More than a month ago I had casually mentioned my plans for the holidays and he had expressed an interest in learning more about UFS. So, I'd written him a mail describing their model and the tremendous impact they have...Yesterday, he wrote back with a most generous pledge and wishes that warmed my heart. Thank you E! And thank you all, my dear dear friends and family who have given me reason to smile wider every day; you are my rainbows on a rainy day!

No comments: