Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Last Friday when I left work, the sprinklers were just starting up, to lavish its showers upon the manicured lawns outside the mini-Biotech park at Seaport; the grass green as ever, the sun beating down fiercely, the leaves still sitting pretty atop the trees. Well, see you Tuesday, I thought to myself.
The new week stole upon us during the long weekend and has also nearly ended. And what do I see this evening as I rush to catch the shuttle? The little green mound on which we wait for our bus, is hidden under a carpet of brilliant golden yellow leaves, maple-like, small and large, crisp and dry. For a moment I was startled. They were just beautiful! Like someone had burst open and sprinkled a bag of crepe stars over the green turf for it to dazzle and play in the sunlight.
Fall is here!

No comments: