Sunday, May 31, 2009

What makes home so special?

Yes, the people we love. Yes, the sights and sounds made familiar and dear from a lifetime of memories. But a beautiful poem shared by N made me wonder if there were not something else too? I speak only for myself here. In my moments of weakness, I have often wondered if home were not also that place in which we feel completely unjudged and un-compelled to strive to be, rather to just be; a place where we are unquestionably and unconditionally loved, a place that brings forth an outpouring of our own love. A place we feel entitled to belong to; a place where we do not always have to be strong...
It makes me wonder then about all the fears that I must overcome to always feel at home; always be loving and loved. It makes me strive for a state of being of complete abandon and peace, within as from without; to know I am home.

No comments: